Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, budgeting, and execution of all aspects of TuneCore projects. This person will be an excellent communicator and work closely with business unit stakeholders and fellow team members to ensure successful execution from planning through to completion. The Project Manager will own projects that are product focused and customer facing, as well as those that are back office facing. The ideal candidate has developed, or been a part of, a successful PMO and understands the importance of structure and standards within the project management role; the candidate should also possess a technical background with exposure to software development/engineering and code release life-cycle.
This position is based out of our New York office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and executing the full project management life cycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Closure.
- Full project documentation including but not limited to: project scope, project plan, status reports, fit/gap analysis, risk analysis, budget. Level of documentation requirement will be commensurate with size and scope of project.
- Creation and maintenance of document management system or repository.
- Planning and defining scope of projects, in conjunction with the Product Team.
- Business and Product requirements gathering and validation, including fit/gap analysis when appropriate.
- Creation of project plan inclusive of milestones and deadlines.
- Effective communication strategy to update stakeholders & team members on the progress of the project, as well as deadlines and milestones.
- Risk Management – quickly identify issues that jeopardize a project’s timeline and budget, as well as scope creep.
- Assure the quality and completeness of project deliverables.
- BA/BS degree, or higher
- 5-10 years of project management experience.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Savvy leader capable of leading and influencing cross-functional teams without direct report accountability.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- A strong knowledge of the digital music industry is highly preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER