Money when you need it –
no hassle, no negotiation.
TuneCore Direct Advance, powered by Lyric Financial, offers TuneCore artists automated advances on their future sales in no time
You’re already staying in control of your music by distributing through TuneCore. Now you can be in control of your finances, too.
- Cheaper than a credit card – only a low, one-time fee
- No stress payback – no manual payments, no penalties, deductions directly from your sales posting
- Get your money quickly – request an advance and get paid in no time
KNOW IF YOU’RE PRE-SELECTED
Earning your trust is as important to us as anything we do here at TuneCore. That’s why only artists whose earnings meet specific requirements are pre-selected for an advance.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR PRE-SELECTION?
- Trusted artists – you must have a TuneCore account for more than two years
- Based on past earnings – you’ll never be asked to pay back more than you can afford
- If you see the button to your left, you’ll know that you pre-qualify for an advance
- Qualification for an advance is based on sales history and projected sales from your digital distribution through TuneCore which may change daily. Request an advance to find out if you qualify.
SERVICE YOU CAN TRUST
Lyric Financial provides financing to working songwriters, producers, musicians, independent labels and music publishers who had previously been underserved by the financial services industry.
MORE ABOUT LYRIC FINANCIAL:
- In business for a decade
- Run by music people for music people
- Proud supporter of NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International), AIMP (Association of Independent Music Publishers), Future of Music Coalition, and the California Copyright Conference.
HOW DOES REPAYMENT WORK?
We use money from your incoming sales revenue before it posts to your account, and you’ll start accumulating sales again as soon as your advance is paid off.
DO YOU REPAY MY ADVANCE WITH PUBLISHING/YOUTUBE ROYALTIES?
No – we only repay your advance using your incoming sales revenue from downloads and streams.
CAN I TAKE DOWN MY MUSIC WHILE I HAVE AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
No, you cannot take down any release in your account until you’ve paid back your advance in full.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM PRE-SELECTED?
In addition to receiving an email, you’ll find a new button on your dashboard that you can use to request an advance at any time. If you aren’t currently pre-selected, you will be notified if you become eligible in the future.
Qualification for an advance is based on sales history and projected sales from your digital distribution through TuneCore which may change daily. Request an advance to find out if you qualify.
WILL MY SALES STILL REPORT?
Yes – you’ll still see a sales report on your account on Fridays as usual, but your balance history will reflect a payment to your advance.
DOES THIS AFFECT MY CREDIT?
No – you are pre-selected based entirely upon your sales history and projected sales from your digital distribution through TuneCore. Lyric Financial does not check your credit, and your credit score has nothing to do with your qualification for TuneCore Direct Advance.