New York, NY, January 15, 2014
TuneCore, the premier provider of digital music distribution and publishing administration services, announced today that TuneCore Artists have earned over $371 million in earnings since the first music release was distributed in 2006. The earnings are driven by over 5 billion downloads and streams during the same period.
In 2013 alone, TuneCore Artists earned $121 million (+19% growth versus 2012) from over 3 billion downloads and streams (+174% growth versus 2012). The strong acceleration in artists’ earnings is only part of the story. Just as impressive is the worldwide exposure and industry recognition TuneCore Artists achieved in 2013.
2013 TuneCore Artist Highlights
- TuneCore Artists earned $121 million in earnings from over 3 billion downloads and streams.
- TuneCore Artists represented one-third of the performers at SXSW.
- They won many industry accolades, including Grammy, CMA and YouTube Music Video awards.
- They competed successfully on The Voice for a third consecutive season.
- TuneCore Artist compositions were secured for high profile opportunities in TV, film, and advertising through the efforts of the TuneCore Publishing Administration Creative team.
“TuneCore congratulates all our artists on their personal success – be it measured in earnings, recognition or by getting their music heard around the world,” says Scott Ackerman, TuneCore President and COO. “We’ll continue to build on the momentum we created this year and support artists, managers and labels by expanding on the new initiatives launched in 2013,” continues Ackerman.
2013 Enhanced Products and Services
- TuneCore Music Distribution achieved an industry first by providing all artists with online daily sales data from iTunes, Amazon MP3 and Spotify. Artists see at-a-glance what music is selling where and can quickly plan marketing efforts accordingly to maximize fan engagement and grow sales. TuneCore also continued to expand its network of over 75 digital stores, adding 8 new distribution partners in 2013.
- TuneCore Music Publishing Administration continues to attract songwriters, with over 17,000 clients using the service to register and collect composition royalties from over 60 countries. To date, over 200,000 compositions have been registered worldwide. YouTube royalty collection was added to the service in 2013, which was facilitated by a new partnership with INDMUSIC, the largest independent music network on YouTube. TuneCore offers the highest YouTube artist payout in the industry.
- A new enhancement to Music Publishing, the TuneCore Sync and Master Licensing Database was launched to provide Music Supervisors with exclusive online access to thousands of TuneCore Artist compositions, making it fast and easy for them to search and secure music for commercial use, providing artists revenue-earning opportunities.
TuneCore is the premiere digital music distributor with one of the highest artist revenue-generating music catalogs in the world. TuneCore Music Distribution, for an annual flat fee, provides an effective, affordable solution for artists, labels and managers to distribute to iTunes, Amazon MP3, Spotify, Google Play and other major download and streaming sites and enables artists to keep 100% of their sales revenue and all of their rights. TuneCore Artists, who range from newcomers to high-profile performers, have earned over $371 million on over 5 billion downloads and streams and share their successes within the artist community. TuneCore Music Publishing Administration licenses and registers songwriters’ compositions and collects royalties worldwide. TuneCore and INDMUSIC enable artists to fully monetize their music on YouTube. TuneCore is based in Brooklyn, NY and is backed by Opus Capital and