TuneCore Engineering develops web applications in the music space supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As a Director of Infrastructure Operations, you will oversee and manage the cloud infrastructure needs of our consumer web presence and secondarily oversee via staff the hardware and networking needs of the TuneCore office. You will interact with internal stakeholders, engineers in relation to product delivery and senior management in relation to network/equipment roadmap improvements.
We’re looking for a hands-on DevOps technologist to drive the modernization and resiliency of our cloud architecture on AWS and manage staff to execute a roadmap related to internal IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have sound experience in containerized cloud architectures for delivery on the web, be an excellent communicator, and common sense approach to the IT needs of a running organization.
- Cultivate expertise in the team’s subject matter, including its cloud architecture, and other supporting technology components
- Ensure the successful preparation, deployment, monitoring, and reliable operation of Tunecore products across multiple datacenters with strong communication skills & attention to detail with ability to interact with stakeholders and key vendors reporting roadmaps, status and risks
- Participate in a daily stand-up, weekly sprint planning/poker in relation to DevOPS project tasks
- Assist in problem identification and employ mitigation strategies for technical risks related to cloud redundancy, security and scalability
- Provide timely communications and response to stakeholders and project managers in relation to DevOPS tasks
- Monitor cloud infrastructure usage and cost with goal of efficiency for both
- Oversee vision of IT roadmap with plans to execute with the help of staff
- Mentor and encourage IT staff for growth and expertise in a DevOPS and IT capacity
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Must have more than 7 years of experience working within a DevOPs capacity setting up and configuring PAAS infrastructure
- Demonstrated history of maintaining production platforms (AWS – Elasticache, EC2/ECS, Docker, Redis, MYSQL), and looking for opportunities to improve, scale and provide resiliency in disaster recovery
- Have experience monitoring for and responding to critical incidents and analyzing the financial efficiency of our production stack
- Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
- Mentor junior Devs in the ways of DevOps
- Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
- Bring an ethos of craft to your code
- Believe in quality as a first level concern
- Maintain a basic understanding of the standards and IT needs of a large technology organization from SSO to networking to laptop support to video conferencing to disaster recovery in order to drive operational improvement and efficiency
- Ability to perform under pressure with a sense of humor
- Managing and configuring Kubernetes, container registries and/or CDN experience is a plus
Please click here to apply.