Product Manager, TuneCore Social
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager, TuneCore Social will be the product owner for TuneCore Social, a social media management platform for musicians. S/he will lead analysis, inception and implementation of TuneCore Social product iteration to grow the product and meet the evolving needs of the customer.
This role requires a focus on the customer, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and a thirst for continuous learning. The candidate must have the dual ability to be a strategic thinker and hands-on in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for TuneCore Social P&L. Recommend and implement initiatives to grow the business profitably.
- Build and execute a product strategy through competitive research, customer insights, benchmarks and strategic planning.
- Proactively build knowledge base to intimately know the market, product, product line and competition.
- Write product requirement documents. Crisply define the “What” and manage its delivery. Be able to breakdown goals and strategies into actionable deliverables and stages.
- Collaborate with the analytics and marketing teams to devise meaningful testing and segmentation strategies to refine product direction.
- Manage and prioritize deliverables from UX designer and mobile/web developers.
- Collaborate with counterpart teams to determine the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches.
- Develop new product proposals for approval by senior management, working cross-functionally to build business case and define ROI.
- Drive metrics-based optimizations to the product – striking the right balance between fixing bugs while enhancing and launching new features.
- 3-5 years in Product Management.
- Working knowledge of Social Relationship Platforms.
- Experience with agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Proven track record of building, launching and managing digital products and services.
- Strong technical understanding (development methodologies, phases, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results – can interact effectively with representatives from Technology and Marketing.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- A strong knowledge of the digital music industry is highly preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you can contribute to TuneCore!