Senior Software Engineer
Reporting to the VP of Technology, the Senior Software Developer will take a lead role in developing software for our various software platforms . As a member of our small development team, this person will interact with internal clients as part of requirement gathering and issue diagnosis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Set an example by writing clean, well-tested code.
- Identify the need for and lead technical design reviews.
- Design and create relational database schemas.
- Maintain existing application platforms, and look for opportunities to improve them.
- Mentor and teach, learn and be mentored.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff.
- Contribute to an environment of collaboration.
- Bring an ethos of craft to your code.
- Have strong opinions, weakly held, and be willing to share them.
- Believe in quality as a first level concern.
- All other assignments assigned by VP of Technology.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in full stack developer role
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases.
- Comfortable with git and Github.
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS X.
- Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications.
- Experience with Sinatra, Django a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with agile development practices, XP experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments.
- Knowledge of devops is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead under pressure.
- Mobile development experience.
- BS or BA degree preferred
To apply for this role, email: firstname.lastname@example.org