NEW YORK, April 16, 2015 — Today, TuneCore, the powerhouse digital music distribution and music publishing administration company which has earned Independent Artists over $504 million to date, announced it will be joining with Independent label services company, Believe Digital. Believe Digital is the leading fully independent digital distributor and services provider for artists & labels worldwide, with offices in 29 countries and a staff of over 250 music industry and digital marketing experts.
The strategic partnership with Believe Digital will provide TuneCore Artists with an opportunity to tap into Believe Digital’s comprehensive global services, providing a truly modern, DIY record label experience with ground support across the globe. Artists will have access to a wider digital distribution network and more tools and services to empower them to succeed and increasing the opportunities to get more music heard by more people in more locations.
Encompassing the same core values, the two companies will continue to provide artists with high quality products and growth opportunities, while musicians continue to maintain control and ownership of their work. The two companies will retain their own operations and staffing.
“TuneCore’s number one objective is to empower independent artists to succeed,” said Scott Ackerman, TuneCore CEO. “This new strategic relationship provides the most powerful solution for independent artists worldwide to reach fans, sell music, increase revenue and advance their career. We’re excited to deliver this new layer of opportunity while continuing to give artists the full control to decide their individual paths to success.”
“The success of TuneCore, its deep commitment to independent artists, and the natural synergy between our services for artists, make this partnership a powerful force to propel artists’ growth,” said Denis Ladegaillerie, Believe Digital Founder and President. “There is a tremendous opportunity for TuneCore & Believe to champion independent artists and their entrepreneurship, and together our focus will be to provide the best comprehensive services to a wider range of musicians around the world.”
TuneCore & Believe Digital Services
- TuneCore plus Believe Digital worldwide distribution and feature opportunities with iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and other key digital partners
- TuneCore worldwide revenue collection. Artists keep 100% of sales revenue and rights.
- TuneCore worldwide royalty collection with Music Publishing Administration. TuneCore will continue to register, license and pitch your songs in over 60 countries.
- TuneCore & Believe global support with offices in key markets worldwide.
- Believe Digital’s experienced team of music industry and digital marketing experts and video channel managers will continue to provide best in class label services to meet artists’ needs.
- Artist services and products to meet the needs of musician-entrepreneurs.
- Detailed reporting and knowledgeable customer service to help you manage and grow your business.
An open letter to the TuneCore community from TuneCore CEO Scott Ackerman describing this partnership can be found here.