More than 5 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth leading cause of death in the country. In an effort to increase awareness, TuneCore Artist Chris Mann (NBC’s The Voice, Glee, PBS) teamed up with world renowned neurologist & Alzheimer’s researcher Rudy Tanzi (Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital) to co-write/compose a new song called “Remember Me”, to be distributed via TuneCore.
Both the song and an accompanying music video will be released tomorrow, January 20th as part of #RememberMe, a grassroots social media campaign designed to raise awareness and funding for Alzheimer’s research in partnership with Cure Alzheimer’s Fund. Proceeds from sales of the song and direct donations will support innovative research into the causes of the disease and the development of effective therapies to stop it. Because Cure Alzheimer’s Fund’s Board of Directors funds all the organization’s expense, every penny of every contribution goes directly to research.
“I’ve had strong responses to songs before, but nothing like this. The song is special and it’s speaking to people. I had no idea so many people would relate to this story. It’s very powerful,” says Chris Mann.
Tanzi adds, “Science can be complicated and sometimes appear cold and removed from everyday human experience. This song makes the battle against Alzheimer’s real, compelling and all too human.”
- WATCH: The music video for Remember Me will premiere on Yahoo! Music (@yahoomusic) on January 20, 2015 and then live on Chris’ YouTube Channel here.
- SHARE: Join the #RememberMe movement by posting the music video on your social networks (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter)! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #RememberMe.
- HONOR: Show your support for those affected by Alzheimer’s by taking a picture holding a sign with #RememberMe & #RememberYourLovedOnesName. Share it online with the link to the video.
- BUY and GIFT: Remember Me will be available on (iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon Music) starting Jan. 20. A portion of proceeds from the song will be donated directly to Cure Alzheimer’s Fund for research.
- CONTRIBUTE: You can donate directly to curealz.org/rememberme/