At TuneCore, we know how important it is to be in control of every aspect of your career. We not only help you get your music into digital stores around the world, but also provide you with pivotal data and sales reporting that can help you guide business decisions around your releases. That’s why we’re excited to introduce our artists to YouTube’s Official Artist Channel!
YouTube’s Official Artist Channel brings together all your content from your different YouTube channels into one place while giving you more control over your profile. As a TuneCore Artist, you can easily upgrade your YouTube channel to an Official Artist Channel (OAC) and gain access to specialized content features, including:
- Organized content: The Official Artist Channel layout organizes your discography into an album section and all of your existing Official Music Videos into a new playlist. You have the ability to rearrange, add, and remove either of these auto-generated music sections from your channel.
- Promotional content: Select which video you want to showcase in the featured video slot on your OAC.
- Fan engagement: All of your video content will be compiled under one verified, official channel, making it easier to reach and interact with your fans on YouTube.
How to Qualify
In order for your YouTube Channel to qualify, you must have ownership of and operate the artist channel you’re making the request for, and have at least three Official Music Videos released through TuneCore on the YouTube platform.
Note: you can apply for a new channel to be designated as an Official Artist Channel, but if there isn’t already existing, independent content on that channel, the request could take longer to process.
- Go to the YouTube For Artists page.
- Select an artist in the dropdown menu (Note: only eligible artists will be shown).
- You will then be sent to YouTube to log into your YouTube account. This should be the account you want to be associated with that artist.
- After successfully logging in, a request will be sent to YouTube to authorize this request.
- You’ll receive an acknowledgment email confirming your request was received within the next 48 hours.
The process of getting approved for an OAC usually takes a little over one month, so don’t get discouraged if they haven’t accepted you immediately.
Once your Official Artist Channel is approved, you’ll gain access to exclusive YouTube features, including:
- Increased exposure through YouTube search
- Exclusive access to data and analytics through YouTube Analytics for Artists
- Direct access to artist tools in YouTube Studio
- The ability to upload your artist bio and photos
- A verified music note next to your channel name
YouTube’s Artists on the Rise is another exclusive feature available for those who have an OAC, giving artists the opportunity to be showcased by YouTube and reach more viewers. You’re eligible for this feature if you have an Official Artist Channel and at least 1,000 subscribers. In order to have a shot at getting featured, be sure you’re following all of YouTube’s creator guidelines, you’re uploading to your channel regularly (ideally once every 2 weeks), you have high view counts, and your watch time is increasing overall.
Post your music on YouTube without giving up any of the money you earn.
If you haven’t distributed your music to YouTube Music yet, now’s a great time to get started. Singles and albums that TuneCore distributes to YouTube Music will be made available on YouTube Music as “Art Tracks.” Art Tracks are YouTube videos that stream your music paired with your cover art.
With over 180 million active U.S. users per month and weekly playlists, these videos make it easy for you to share with fans and can help you get discovered. And when YouTube pays you, we’ll put 100% of your money directly into your TuneCore account.Tags: