You read that right, folks! We’re already approaching the holiday season, and once again we’re here to remind you that it’s imperative to be prepared if you’re planning on distributing music during November and December. Like many of us, our pals at iTunes and other digital store partners take time off during the holiday, resulting in potential delays.
See below for some guidelines that’ll ensure you have a successful release just in time for the holidays:
- In order for content to become available in iTunes and other stores between Friday, November 20th and Friday, December 4th you must upload and pay for distribution in TuneCore no later than Tuesday, November 10th.
- In order for content to become available in iTunes and other stores between Friday, December 18 and Friday, January 1st you must upload and pay for distribution in TuneCore no later than Tuesday, December 8th.
- In order for content to become available in iTunes and other stores between Monday, January 4th and Friday, January 8th you must upload and pay for distribution in TuneCore no later than Tuesday, December 15th.
In order to make sure that you don’t miss the release date for your song or album, plan ahead and distribute your new music as soon as you can to avoid getting caught in holiday closings/delays. The earlier you get your new music on iTunes and other stores, the more time your fans will have to buy it!
If you’re not ready to release that album just yet, we always recommend releasing a single early to garner some excitement!
If you are planning on submitting your new release via the TuneCore Feature Submissions Page:
- For the week of November 27th, submit by 3PM ET November 3rd.
- For the week of December 3rd, submit by 6PM ET Novermber 5th.
Regardless of how your fans celebrate the holidays, give them the chance to use your music as a soundtrack – distribute your holiday music today!
Tags: 2015 apple music close delay digital distribution featuring holidays itunes sell music online