How to Upload Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio to Apple Music?
Make sure your files are correct so you can upload your Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio to Apple Music and create an immersive listening experience for your fans.
What are Dolby Atmos & Apple Immersive Audio?
As technology advances, so does the way we experience music and sound. One of the most exciting developments in the market is Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio.
- Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology that creates a 3D soundstage by adding height channels to traditional surround sound systems. This allows for sound to be placed and moved in a three-dimensional space, enhancing the listening experience.
- Immersive Audio is a similar technology from Apple that uses head-related transfer functions (HRTFs) to simulate the way sound reaches our ears, allowing for sound to be placed in a three-dimensional space and giving the listener the sense that they are in the middle of the action. Immersive audio technology is available on headphones, speakers, and even on smartphones.
- Combined, Dolby Atmos and Immersive Audio have the power to dramatically transform the soundscape for music lovers. Music can finally be experienced in a way that is more true to life, giving listeners the feeling that they are in the same room as the performers.
What is Dolby Atmos? It is the future of music and sound. With Dolby Atmos immersive audio, you have the power to create a new level of realism and immersion that will change the way fans listen to your music.
How to upload Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio to Apple Music
Uploading Immersive Audio files can be a bit more complex than uploading traditional files, but you’ll get the hang of it once you know the steps. Here is a general guide on how to upload your Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio files:
- Prepare your Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio file: Immersive audio files are larger than traditional stereo audio files and require a specific file format. The most common format for immersive audio files is Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus). Make sure that your file is in the correct format before uploading.
- Upload your file: After you have uploaded your Dolby Atmos Immersive Audio file to TuneCore, it is important to double-check that it has been uploaded completely & correctly. Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- Channel count: Immersive audio files typically have more channels than traditional stereo audio files. Dolby Atmos files can have up to 128 channels, which are used to create a more immersive listening experience.
You can add Dolby Atmos immersive audio to all new releases during the upload process for $16.99 USD per track. Click here to learn more about how to create music in Dolby Atmos. The Dolby Atmos Production Suite and the Dolby Atmos Music Panner VST plugin are two good places to start.